Get back to nature - glamping at its best, stay in a beautiful rustic yurt on a peaceful farm
With views stretching out towards Fowey and the sea, staying in a yurt at Botelet imbues a sense of relaxation that even the hippest hotel would find hard to match. Choose from two remote locations, each sleeping two adults. Book a relaxing massage in your yurt to the sounds of nature.
Yurts are sturdy portable tents, traditionally the homes of nomadic tribes in Mongolia. Their shape makes them ergonomically tough to survive the high winds of the plains, making them secure and cosy. They blend into the scenery, enveloping you in the sounds, changing colours, peace and quiet of the outer landscape.
The wood stove gives you the warmth of sitting round a fire and the clear (but covered) skylight a view of the sky day and night. Crafted locally from local oak and ash, the canvas-covered structures at Botelet sit on remote platforms raised on poles. Interiors are fresh and uncluttered with rustic and contemporary furnishing. A futon bed with thick mattress on wooden floorboards give the comfort of an extra special bedroom.
Higher Yurt - positioned high in a field grazed by sheep, catches late sunsets and has prime panoramic views over farmland and out to sea to the Gribbin Head and Dodman Point.
Lower Yurt - positioned in a wild flower orchard, closer to farm buildings and facilities, this yurt also has electricity.
• Expect to find a double bed, duvet and pillows, linen supplied but please bring towels. Each yurt accommodates two adults.
• Basic kitchen equipment includes gas ring, pots and pans, kettle, stove top espresso, crockery, cutlery, washing up equipment
• Wood from the farm, newspaper, firelighters and matches are provided for the woodburner
• BBQ supplied, please bring charcoal (can be purchased from Pelynt Spar, four miles away)
• Shared hot shower and lavatory outside farmhouse a short walk across field along with fridge/freezer and recycling facilities
• Water is pure and natural, pumped from below the orchard. Cold tap near each yurt
• Electricity available in lower yurt. Electric plug-in (for charging etc) available for higher yurt near farmhouse.
• Lighting is a mix of solar, battery, electric LED (lower yurt) with powerful rechargeable torches
• Wireless internet can be accessed near the farmhouse
• Therapeutic massage available in Botelet treatment room
2017 prices - open from Easter to mid September
2 nights = £190 • 3 nights = £250 • 4 nights = £300 • 5 nights = £330 • 6 nights = £360 • 7 nights = £390
Minimum two night stay can be booked online, please enquire about staying for one night only
Pre-book breakfast in the farmhouse - a healthy mix of non-cooked vegetarian foods that may include organic bread, granola, yogurt, honey, fruits, fresh squeezed orange juice, teas, espresso coffee and seasonal produce. £15 per person. Please contact us to check if available.
for help contact +44 (0)1503 220 225 email@example.com
Botelet PL14 4RD - a special place to stay upstream from Fowey and Lostwithiel Cornwall